Friday, April 12, 2013

Things I Learned While Flying - Part II - Atlantic Edition

Saw the movie "Life of Pi" while somewhere over the Atlantic the other day.  It was an older plane, without a video screen in each seat in front of you, so when a heard this quote I wasn't able to rewind to get it exact.

Here's what I heard, as I scrambled to pull out a pen and paper:
"The whole of life becomes learning to let go.  Take a moment to say good bye."

Looking it up online I found a slightly different (and undoubtedly more accurate) version.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/life%20of%20pi%20quotes
"I suppose in the end, the whole of life becomes an act of letting go, but what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye"

That got me thinking.  I'm now at a point in life where I probably have more life behind me than ahead of me.  Kind of gets you thinking.  When you're young you think of all the things you can do, will do.  But at some point you realize that there are many things you meant to do that you won't get a chance to do.

No sense crying about it, better to accept it and make the most of it.  I think that part of "accepting it" is learning to say no.  To let go of stuff.

It's hard to say no sometimes.  You wouldn't think so when you're young, at least I didn't.  And it's hard to let go, even when you know you should.

Seems like this blog post is incomplete, that there's more to say.  But you know what?  I'm done with it.  I'm letting it go.*   :)

Once more, Dragonette sums it up:
"Dragonette - Let it Go (Official Video)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KsPIJK17uk





*Just this particular blog post, not the whole blog.  Fear not, my seven (estimated) readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment