Saturday, October 16, 2010

The State Fair Diet

If you find yourself losing too much weight and need to pack on a few pounds, you might want to try the State Fair Diet!

I traveled to Tulsa Oklahoma recently, and had a chance to drop by the Tulsa State Fair. I had been told that they had Deep Fried Butter, among other things! It wasn't quite a dare, but I guess I had to see (and taste) for myself. Luckily (?) we ended a little early on Friday and I had a little time to swing by the Fair on my way to the airport.

Here's what I found.

This is a booth that sold Krispy Kreme "donut burgers." They're like regular hamburgers except instead of hamburger buns they have Krispy Creme glazed donuts, top and bottom. Really.

Here is the Deep Fried Butter booth.

Here is the deep fried butter. Just a ball of butter that is breaded and deep fried. The butter melts out so this is just a hollow dough ball with a well-buttered interior. It's not that much butter, since most melts out. Not that exciting and not that great, ultimately. Checked it off my list, no need to eat that again.

Finally, this is the circumcised corn dog I ate. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Other stuff I saw included deep fried Oreos and deep fried Twinkies.


Now, I don't mean to pick on the Tulsa State Fair. Any state fair is going to have it's share of great greasy food. My favorite is the deep fried cheese curds I first had at the Minnesota State Fair.

Feel free to add your favorites. I know people will eat all kinds of crazy shit if you either deep fry it or put it on a stick.

I'm not a big fan of the State Fair Diet. I like to do things a bit differently. I prefer to gain my excess weight by eating good food, but lots of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment