Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The best Google Doodle ever: Zamboni

Okay, I was traveling when this came out.  Apologies for not getting this out sooner.

I love hockey, I love skating.  Therefore, I'm a big fan of Zambonis.  So this Google Doodle absolutely floored me.  I think I wasted more time on this one than an all previous Google Doodles combined (Pac-man, Moog synthesizer, Jules Verne submarine, etc.).  Give it a try--it's not easy.

http://www.google.com/doodles/zamboni

I remember exactly where I was when I first saw this.  I was sitting in a conference room on the second floor of an electrical switchgear manufacturer somewhere in Taiwan.  I only went to the Google home page that day to see if I was successfully able to link to the WiFi in the plant.  I'm not sure that others in the room knew why I was so excited and distracted--apparently hockey is not big in Taiwan!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment