Sunday, February 26, 2012

Google Doodle: Heinrich Hertz

I've posted about Google Doodles before, and you have no doubt seen and enjoyed many of them yourself. However...

I knew this one was special when I woke up early and had an e-mail from a good friend raving about the Google Doodle of the day a few days ago. On February 22, 2012, the Google Doodle was for Heinrich Rudolf Hertz's 155th Birthday.

The unit of frequency is named after Hertz. (I guess a rental car company is, too, but I'll ignore that!) As an electrical engineer who deals with power quality and harmonics, I deal with frequency all the time. I also deal with strange non-sinusoidal waveforms, as does my friend who contacted me.

So, without further adieu, here is the Google Doodle that had us enthralled:
http://www.google.com/doodles/heinrich-rudolf-hertzs-155th-birthday

I love waveforms, and this one clearly spells out Google. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment