Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Google Voice Search and Voice Actions for your phone



Do you Google Voice Search (not to be confused with Google Voice) yet? Maria Sharapova does. That's good enough for me! :)

In all seriousness, it's a great feature if you have an Android phone. It's also available on other phones through the Google Mobile App (I used to use it when I had a Blackberry, for example). Here is a video showing how to use Voice Search. Actually, on an Android phone they call it Voice Actions, because it is integrated into the phone such that it opens up the appropriate app depending on what you ask for (dialer if you say "call ...", GMail if you say "send email ...", Maps if you say "directions ...", and so forth).

In fact, one of my new year's resolutions was to use Voice Actions more. The voice recognition has truly gotten a lot better since the first time I used Voice Search over two years ago on my Blackberry.

It also makes for a fun video. Check this out on YouTube (I should add, check it out using Chrome while reading Blogger as long as I'm shilling for my employer today):
"Maria Sharapova by Dan and Jonny"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiIm-_Kq__M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

What's that? You thought I'd show a picture of Maria Sharapova rather than pictures of Voice Search? Yeah, you're right. I guess I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment