Thursday, July 1, 2010

Where's the Beef?

So every now and then there are catchphrases that become popular. And then they're gone. Some of them are cool, some are clever. And some aren't.

I happen to be old enough to remember when "Where's the Beef?" could be heard everywhere. I was new to catchphrases at the time. I had no idea that something so popular could utterly disappear a few years later. I was just a kid, after all.

Relatively recently, "It is what it is." Or maybe at this point, "It was what it was"??? By the time I heard this I was smart enough to ask people, "How long do you think we'll still be saying that?"

The term "epic fail" seems to be very hot at the moment. It is also not very clever. This one is destined to hit the trash heap earlier than the others. The very first time I heard it I thought, "It's just a matter of time before this one is gone. Thank God."

No comments:

Post a Comment