Monday, November 8, 2021

Song of the Day: Billy Joel - Vienna

I came across this video the other day, a fun Billy Joel interview from a 2017 appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.  Among many other things discussed, Joel ranked his top 5 favorite songs.

The Top 5 Billy Joel Songs, Ranked By Billy Joel

Over the course of this week, I'll publish Joel's top five favorite songs, from his own catalog.  I'll call it the "Billy Joel's Top Five Billy Joel Songs" countdown.


So, without further ado, here is song #5.  I love Vienna, what a great vibe, and a reminder to slow down and smell the roses once in a while.

Vienna is from the album "The Stranger" from 1977.  In my opinion Joel's best album.


Billy Joel - Vienna (Audio)

And here is the story behind the song.
Billy Joel Interview - What does Vienna Mean to Him? | Vienna 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment