Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Charcoal, on a Brown Paper Bag

When I saw this a week or two ago, it made my day.  I have two very talented daughters.  My (more) artistic daughter did this amazing self portrait, using just charcoal on a brown paper bag.  I could not be more proud.


In her own words, back on April 8th:
rose.briar.blooming
Self Portrait in Charcoal, charcoal on bagging paper, 2020
This piece has been strenuous. Charcoal is not my preferred medium but I really wanted to embrace the coronavirus spirit (which is why I did this on paper bag material)
I would actually recommend paper bag as a lower-tier charcoal paper. It has a little bit of tooth, and the brown works well as a middle ground between black and white.
I watched a lot of Community while making this and it's really relevant to me right now because I have a Spanish quiz tommorow which I haven't even really started studying for yet. Also, screw the chem department because they have a personal vendetta against everything that is good
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
#deer #deerart #charcoaldrawing #charcoal #paperbagart #paperart #sketch #sketchart #surrealism #selfportrait #upcycled #reuse #deerintheheadlights #roadkill #drawing #collage #collageart

No comments:

Post a Comment