Sunday, May 13, 2018

What shirt should I wear?

Slightly delayed post, but better late than never.  About a week ago, I noticed that there were two NHL games on (and this happened several times, based on the schedule) where I had free shirts from all the teams involved.  Two were given to me at the door, two were nabbed when they threw shirts into the crowd.  You can tell that they're free shirts, look at the backs.  Almost all of them have sponsors on them!  For what it's worth, I'm counting my old Atlanta Thrashers shirts as Winnipeg Jets shirts!   :)

So, I asked, which shirt do I wear?

First reaction I got when I posted this on social media was from a buddy in Ireland.  He said, "For a second there I thought the yellow one said 'Let's go penis.'"  Of course he did.

Also got a comment for a buddy at the gym who knows me all too well: "Fake question because we know it's too hot to wear a shirt."  Touche, Harry.

Turns out I made the right choice.  I wore my Thrashers shirt, and the Jets kicked ass that night (May 5, 2018).  Then later, May 11 I believe, I wore my Capitals shirt and they took Game 1 on the road in Tampa.

As I type this, I'm not wearing my Capitals shirt and the Lightning are winning.  Hey, I do want a longer series, and more hockey.

So at this point, I think it's pretty clear.  If Tampa or Las Vegas want to win the Cup, they need to send me a shirt!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment