Sunday, December 11, 2011

Android: A visual history

As an owner of a number of Android phones, I loved this article from The Verge. I've been on the Android bandwagon from the beginning. This article was a fun walk down memory lane, and a great way to see how Android has evolved over time. Things we take for granted now didn't always exist (software keyboard, multiple GMail account support, and many other things).

"Android: A visual history" by Chris Ziegler
http://mobile.theverge.com/2011/12/7/2585779/android-history

The article specifically mentions six Android devices:
- HTC G1
- Motorola Droid
- HTC Nexus One
- Samsung Nexus S
- Motorola Xoom (tablet)
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I have had three of the six mentioned above (G1, Nexus One, Nexus S), and still might pick up the Galaxy Nexus. Of all my phones, I think that the HTC Nexus One was the most ahead of its time when released. Many people I work with still use one as their primary phone two years after its release, even though they could get a newer phone. I still love mine, and have picked up others for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment