Friday, April 22, 2011

Is 153 mph really that bad?

Here's a sensationalistic news story for you:
"*MUST SEE* Bike Clocked at 153mph Cops Give up!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFvRegBt-4U&feature=player_embedded#at=193

What a stupid "news" story. And let's just say that I'm not impressed with the woman in the latter part of the story. She "could have been killed"? Did she notice that two people actually WERE killed?

Interesting to me how these stories never mention who was at fault. Never. She probably pulled out right in front of the bikes. Fine, they were going fast, but did they have the right of way? Let me phrase it another way, just to be obnoxious: If they were speeding, does that give her the right to kill them?

Something similar (much lower speed) happened to me on Tuesday, two blocks from my house. Residential neighborhood, I was probably doing 25 mph. Guy in a pickup truck, on a cell phone, pulled right out in front of me (I had the right of way, he had a stop sign). Never even looked. Not once. Hit the horn, he never even flinched, just kept coming, right into my path.

Back to the story...

I love how they say most cars are at or below the speed limit. Speed limits are a joke. If cars are going below the speed limit then what does it say about those drivers? Hint: It's not good.

As I've said before: Life is too short to be stuck behind a Camry.

One more thing: This story reminds me that I need to get up to North Georgia and RIDE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment