Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun with Cats!

Saw this on YouTube the other day and loved it. From yaxminfox:
"Cat Laser Bowling"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFztjgfDWDA

I have also had my own fun with cats back in the day. Here are a couple games I invented, while playing with a friend's cat:

Cat in the Window
My friend had an entertainment center with glass doors. I would put my hand behind the entertainment center and make scratching noises. Cat would come over to investigate. Then when she was in, I simply closed the doors. Simple as that. Sit back and watch TV (on entertainment center shelf) and watch the cat (in lower glass doors).

Sausage Cat
This game was my favorite. I would place a jacket on the floor, spread out, front side up. Fluff it up a bit so that a cat could crawl into it. Put my hand into one of the arms of the jacket, in reverse direction, from the cuff end. Make scratching noises. Cat investigates by going into the jacket, and then part way into the sleeve of the jacket. When the cat is far enough into the sleeve I would just lift up the whole jacket, with the sleeve containing the cat hanging down. Cat slides all the way into the sleeve, by gravity. And when you're done you have a sausage cat--a stuffed jacket sleeve with your cat's head poking out of the end of the sleeve!

Sounds like fun, right? Go ahead, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment