Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Father Naus, one of a kind

Yes, I am partly a product of private schools. That's why I'm so stuck-up and such a nerd. :)

However, there ARE some very good things about private schools. Father Naus, one of my Philosophy professors at Marquette University, is one of them. He is a luminous human being. (I struggled to find the right adjective to describe him, and luminous is the best I could do.)

Marquette Magazine had a nice short story on him, and about some reading he recommends:
"Marquette Reads: Rev. John Naus, S.J."
http://www.marquette.edu/magazine/recent.php?subaction=showfull&id=1298494800&archive=&start_from=&ucat=12

Father Naus is a truly funny person, and his Christmas list is legendary. I thoroughly enjoyed the class I had with him (Ethics, if you're curious). He said that all Jesuits were clowns but he was the only one man enough to admit it! He joked that his dream in life was to play Edelweiss absolutely perfectly on the piano and then his life would be complete so he could die right then. "Luckily," he said, "I don't play the piano very well!"

No comments:

Post a Comment