Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The "Google Lifestyle"?

Is there such a thing as a "Google lifestyle"? What does that mean, exactly? I don't know the answer, but Mark Cuban has an interesting blog post on this subject on "blog maverick":
"Am I Living the Google Lifestyle ?"
http://blogmaverick.com/2010/12/10/am-i-living-the-google-lifestyle/

"As I installed my Logitech Google TV box I checked my email, I mean GMail, on my G2 Slide. Someone needed some info, so I pulled up the information from a file stored on Google Docs using my browser of choice, Chrome. Then it occurred to me. I’m surrounded by Google and for the most part, I like it."


Cuban notes one of the best reasons to use GMail. I have also used GMail this way:

"Finally, the best part of GMail is because I basically have my professional history (I haven’t kept all emails for the past couple years for various reasons, but I probably am north of 500k emails in GMail) and can easily search GMail from any device I can get access to information in seconds that I could never get to before.

"True story. I was walking to a business dinner in NYC. Someone told me they were going to start working with a new manager and asked me if I knew him. The name sounded familiar and I thought I had done something with him during the Broadcast.com days. A quick GMail search from my phone and I found 2 emails we had exchanged when he was trying to sell a company he was involved with back in 1996. That’s why I use GMail."


He is also smart enough to use Google Voice. I'm amazed more people don't use it.

"I also LOVE google voice. Love it. I have my mobile phone number forwarded to it. I LOVE the transcription and the ability to listen via email . I LOVE the extra phone numbers to give to people I don’t want to give my phone number to. I love that I can save messages easily without filling up my phone. I love that i can respond to texts via email. It is just a stellar product that will only get better."

No comments:

Post a Comment