Sunday, December 26, 2010

All my phone are belong to me

Remember the old internet phenomenon "All your base are belong to us"? I do. And I think it applies to me!

Here's the story. I am very fortunate to get a bunch of phones due to the generosity of my employer. So I have an HTC Nexus One personal phone ("Nexy") and a Motorola Droid X business phone ("Xy"). The screen size of Nexy is 3.7". The screen size of Xy is 4.3". Why is the screen size important? Read on...

It so happens that I got another phone for Christmas, a Samsung Nexus S. And the screen size of the Nexus S is 4.0".

Will I give away one of my other phones, perhaps Nexy? Hmmm, not so sure. People ask why I need another phone. Here's what I tell them: "Well, there are times when a 3.7" screen is too small. (You can see where this is going.) And there are times when a 4.3" screen is just a little too big. So...."

Seriously. They laugh and laugh. Not sure if they're laughing with me or at me, but they ARE laughing! :)

In related news, I need a nickname for the new phone, the Nexus S. I'm thinking of "Nessie" because "Nexy" is already taken. What do you think?


If you also have an Android phone, here is some good information from The Official Google Blog:
"Some cool Android tips and tricks"
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/some-cool-android-tips-and-tricks.html


Finally, here is a picture of my six Android phones, three used by me (Nessie, Xy, and Nexy across the top) and three used by the rest of the family (two Nexus ones and a G1 across the bottom). Is six too many? I don't think so. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have called the Nexus S, 'Sexy'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I call ALL my phones that! :)

    ReplyDelete