Friday, October 29, 2010

Quote of the Day: Hal Lewis on Global Warming

Here is a quote from Hal Lewis, in his letter of resignation from the American Physical Society:
"It [global warming] is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist."

Read his full letter here:
Hal Lewis: My Resignation From The American Physical Society
http://www.thegwpf.org/ipcc-news/1670-hal-lewis-my-resignation-from-the-american-physical-society.html

Powerful stuff. I have seen this perversion of science in professional meetings I have attended as an engineer. I used to think that scientists and engineers would be able to make decisions without being influenced by money or politics. I learned very early that I was wrong. In my case I learned that people would push "standards" that supported their personal interests. Engineers and scientists aren't any better than anyone else in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment