Tuesday, August 3, 2010

‘Contract on America’? Depends how you look at it.

This is supposed to be parody. But it's telling that most of these ideas are actually great ideas. Or maybe it just proves that I'm crazy.

Here's the list, produced by the Democratic National Party.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/apache.3cdn.net/f41675ef74789023bf_prm6r99ar.pdf

1. Repeal the Affordable Care Act (Health Care Reform)
2. Privatize Social Security (or phase it out altogether)
3. End Medicare as it presently exists
4. Extend the Bush tax breaks for the wealthy and big oil
5. Repeal Wall Street Reform
6. Protect those responsible for the oil spill and future environmental catastrophes
7. Abolish the Department of Education
8. Abolish the Department of Energy
9. Abolish the Environmental Protection Agency
10. Repeal the 17th Amendment which provides for the direct election of senators

Okay, I'll put my cards on the table and let you attack me if you feel differently. I think #1, #2, #3, #5, #7, and #10 are good to go, as written. Seriously.

I support #4, with the clarification that I support tax reductions for EVERYONE. We are taxed way too much. Government is too big.

I guess it's pretty clear at this point that I'm not a Democrat. Note carefully, though, that this does not make me a Republican...

No comments:

Post a Comment