Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nothing says "wake up" like a beagle

Yet another beagle story, part of my series of posts about dogs...

Did you know you can use beagles as alarm clocks? Say it with me: YES WE CAN!

My brother and I did, when we were a lot younger. Here's how it works. When you need to wake up a heavy sleeper, you just toss the family beagle onto the sleeping person from about 20 feet away. It's really that simple.

The key is the landing. When the beagle lands, he will not land gracefully like a cat. He will scramble for footing, clawing the sleeping person (who will awaken instantly, needless to say).

P.S. I can't believe I found such a great picture for this post! I have no idea who the guy in the picture is, but it appears that my brother and I are not the only ones to have discovered this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment