Sunday, May 23, 2010

Beagles Rock

Have you seen the latest Chik-Fil-A commercial? The "Sownd the Alarm Spicee Chikin" commercial? If not, go here...
http://www.chick-fil-a.com/?#thecows
...then choose the "TV Commershals" link, and the cartoon I just mentioned.

Or find it on YouTube here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74aC8arWT8k

You're probably wondering what the heck this has to do with Beagles. Pay close attention about half way through the commercial, around the 0:16 mark. Watch and listen to the howling beagle. It's priceless. It makes the whole commercial. And it reminded me of beagles.

Not sure what it is, but I love beagles. My family has had several great ones through the years. My mother had a dog, officially named Daisy (she picks some strange names for pets), but unofficially, and much more commonly, known as Beags. Beags was smart and, like most beagles, had a great nose. I still remember that day when she when she lifted her head, took a long sniff, and said to me, "There's something going on in L.A., isn't there." That was during the riots after the Rodney King beating. And we were in Milwaukee at the time! Like I said, smart dog.

Question: What is cuter, a baby beagle or a baby human? Be honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment